Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Resolutions...

THE PAPER-WHITES HAVE BLOOMED!



Sorry about that little outburst - I was PSYCHED to see these little guys this morning :)

It's almost mid-January and I've been thinking a bit about what I resolve to improve upon/achieve this year. Usually the list includes running a marathon, volunteering more, and eating better. Well, to be honest, we're hoping to get pregnant again this year, so I'm off the hook for the first one. #2 still stands and #3 I think we've got down pretty well by now. I'm not giving up brownies and ice cream, EVER! We eat mostly vegetarian or white meat/fish with a little Italian thrown in there. Room for improvement exists I'm sure, but we're pretty okay with how things are :)

So what's on the list?!
1) Exercise more. I can't believe that I have to write that one... I have been an avid runner for years and years, but having a baby and breastfeeding has thrown me for a loop. We're going to be weaning soon though, so I can get back to the AM runs!
2) Buy more organic and locally grown foods. My sister-in-law, Sue, recently got me hooked on this fabulous woman named MARY JANE from Idaho. Check her out - she's like the Martha Stewart of farming and Americana.
3) Open an Etsy store. I just opened an account to ask BeeBee Mod a question. That's step one!
4) Sell my hand-made goodies in local stores.
5) Go hiking as much as we can this spring and summer. Last year was tough with Syd being so young, but this year I think we'll fare much better! We live in the heart of the mountains and need to just set aside time to enjoy it all... can't wait!
6) Find an old armoire at a thrift/good will store and completely refinish it (to be a craft armoire possibly?)
7) Learn to applique and embroider well.
8) Wear my dishgloves everyday. I know, it's a bit odd, but since my finger injury I've been wearing them and I swear that my hands aren't as dry as they used to be!

I can't believe it's Wed. already! My room re-do project is going pretty slowly. There are a lot of damaged areas on the wall (some from the prior owners and some from us taking shelving off the wall). Here's a pic of me this afternoon before heading back in to sand. Such the glamour girl! The respirator mask is a must though - I tried sanding the spackle without it yesterday and I thought my lungs were going to crawl out of my body and strangle me.



As for sewing projects, I started off the week with this little pile


and finished up the black canvas zinnia tote yesterday, and some more bibs and burp cloths for some friends. I can get a bib and a burp cloth out of one fat quarter :) The Nappy is getting attacked tonight! I'm off!

No comments: