Saturday, March 08, 2008

Lap Quilt Update


So far, I'm lovin' this project!

Here's the lap quilt before sewing the pieces together:

And here's the FINISHED top! WOO WOO!
(sorry for the poor lighting - the colors are actually much more vibrant)


I just finished putting together the back and have my "quilt sandwich" (top/batting/back) on the kitchen table downstairs. Just came up here to get some quilting safety pins - I'll pin it tonight and hopefully start sewing it tomorrow! The plan is to have it done by the end of the week. We'll see if I can keep the momentum going :) (I have a custom bag order that needs to get done first, so the quilt will have to go on the back burner for a day or so).

Hope everyone's having a great weekend!
PS: I just posted more Emmeline Apron patterns and kits in my website! More fabric combos to be added this week. Any special requests / fabrics that you think would be perfect?

:) Kris

8 comments:

Joy said...

Wow! It is looking incredible!!! Way to go!

Anonymous said...

I love how cheerful this quilt is looking! And it's going together so fast!

I love those 'bent' quilting pins - I didn't think that they would make a difference, but they really do!

Kris said...

Yey! I quilted it this morning (we had an ice storm last night, so we're house bound yet again!) and am off to make the binding! I'll try to get some better pics - I love it!!! :) Kris

Allison said...

Wow, Kris, it is gorgeous!

Jennifer said...

I love the colors here. It's perfect. Don't be afraid of the binding. I think that is one of the easier parts of quilting.

Unknown said...

Kris, that looks fabulous! Can't wait to see it finished!

Adrienne said...

Looks great! I so love that fabric.

Katarina said...

Awesome quilt!!!!Just love the JD fabrics, especially the birdies;)!!!!
Katarina