Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Where do I start?!

There are so many fun things to share...

I recently found out that Amy Butler is launching a new fabric line this winter, called LOTUS - here's a sneak peak (YUM!):


If I could go to the upcoming Houston International Quilt Festival I'd be able to feast my eyes on this new line, and her new pattern (due out in a few weeks):


Maybe next year I can go... hmmm.... I can only imagine all of the goodies that are down there! Could get myself in *a lot* of trouble....

As for other news, I have started on a journey that I swore I never would. I am going to learn how to knit. It all started with Tara's blog entry about this awesome purse ... this one is so right up my ally! She made one like it for a knitting buddy and it turned out beautifully! Now, I don't think I'll be able to make something like that for a while, but I'm game to start learning. For a while I had put off learning to knit thinking that "I have so much on my plate now... I don't need yet another craft to get hooked on". The truth of the matter is that I really want to learn something new! I love what I do now, but heck, none of it is really portable, and it seems like there are so many amazing yarns and patterns out there. I'll keep you posted :) We have a long car ride ahead of us this weekend to see some friends in NYC and to see my family in NJ/PA, so I'm hoping to get a good bit of this book read, and maybe some projects started!

I have been a sewing maniac these past few days since I finished up a belt order. At last I'm free for a bit to sew for me! AHH!!! I finished up my Nappy Bag and I'm in love - I'll post pics tomorrow. Also finished up a baby sling for a friend in MA, and made hubby some scrub caps for Halloween.


Here's some of my favorite creations as of late (soon to be added to my EBAY store and website!)

Key Fob:


Belts:








Sample Headband:


And here's one last shot of Sydney - she really loves this jumpy thing!

No comments: