Thursday, October 19, 2006

Sleepy morning...

Syd and I were definitely on the same page this morning...




Between her teething and our poor dog, Higgins, being plagued with a horrid urinary tract infection last night (poor guy had to go out every hour thru the night!).... it's always something! (here's Higgy this afternoon hangng out while I took some pictures - and yes, I know he needs a good brushing one of these days...)



I actually haven't done any sewing today (I need to though b/c I sold 8 belts on EBAY today!) The trip to the vet, errands and packing have pretty much filled up my day. I *did* manage to finally get pics of the baby sling and the Nappy Bag that I made. The sling was made from a sheet that I got on sale at the Garnet Hill outlet up here in Franconia. I love the print - so fall!!



The Nappy Bag was made with some gorgeous fabrics from Amy Butler's BELLE line: the Burgundy Gothic Rose and Pink Coriander. I absolutely love love love this bag! I especially love the cell phone pouch at the top. So handy. I also added a clip to put my keys onto, and that has turned out to be quite helpful as well. The next one I make, I'll add a layer of pockets to one of the inner pockets so I can put my little digital camera, and some pens, etc. in it. I think it'd work well.



Cell Phone Pocket



Inside print (with Magnetic Snap - I definitely recommend using one)



I have also cut out fabric for bibs (I'll post a link to the free bib pattern I use - works perfectly with the remnants from cutting out the exterior of the Nappy Bag), a wet bag (I use cloth diapers, so the wet bag is quite useful!), and a changing pad. Hopefully I'll get to those projects next week. I'm just thrilled to have the Nappy Bag at last!

I'll leave you with another random mushroom shot - for some reason we have a ton of different ones growing in our yard. These are right outside the garage and grew in the driveway gravel. Odd...



No comments: