Tuesday, January 22, 2008

We're back!

We're back from our travels! The kids and I spent the bulk of the week in PA with my brother and sister-in-law and their 2 kids. Had a fantastic time and was happy to see that their house is just as chaotic as ours :) We finished the week at my parents house in NJ and then made a trip to NYC to see some high school friends on our way back north. It was a busy week, but fun!

Thanks again Sue & Ken for having us!

(Me & Sue after a fun morning with the kiddos at Jungle Jerry's)

The reason for our trip was two-fold: (1) the kids and I really needed to see my family and (2) we couldn't be home while the construction workers were removing the wall downstairs between the kitchen and the living room. Hubby had to stay home to work and tend to the dogs - not the ideal set-up, but it had to happen. I'll post pics of the downstairs once they are actually finished with everything. I thought it would all be done by the time we came back, but they still have to install the propane stove and wrap the new beam with pine. Then we have to get the walls and ceilings painted. I didn't realize that this was going to be so involved...

Anyways, while we were down there we finally got to exchange x-mas gifts! I'll post pics of some of the handmade goodies that I received once I get my camera back (I left it at my friend's place in NYC - URGH!). Here's pics of 2 gifts that I had made (for Sue and my dad, respectively).




Cell Phone Pouch


Dangling Spider


... and some matching key fobs



Dad loves squirrels, so this little bag was perfect!


And from the looks of the answers to my last post, I'll be making the Pleated Tote this month! I was kind of hoping that y'all would pick that one :) The winner of the drawing is...

Lynn C. from Saratoga, CA

Congratulations Lynn! I don't know how many of you have checked out her blog - Lynn knits the most amazing things, and made this drool-worthy bag (which is *still* on my to-do-list...hmmm... maybe it'll make the project list for next month!).

Please email me your address when you have a chance (kristen@monkeyfootdesigns.com) and the new Amy Butler Kimberly Bag pattern is yours!

While away, I was tagged by Adrienne to tell you 7 things that you don't know about me...stay tuned! ~ Kris

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome back!!!! The gifts you made look absolutely gorgeous....

And thanks for the new link, I've added Lynn's site to my blogroll.

Unknown said...

Your bags are beautiful! They really make me want to start collecting Japanese fabrics!

I'm so excited for winning the drawing.. thank you!!

Allyson Hill said...

Glad you got to get away! That Etsuko bag is really nice, very thoughtful fabric layout! And the cell phone pouch is genious!