Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Some Tidbits

Please... don't ask... I haven't started the bag (Pleated Tote from Bend the Rules Sewing)yet :( I'm up to my eyeballs in baby gifts and wetbag orders lately, but hopefully I'll make some free time this weekend to cut it out. I am torn between 2 different ideas - I've got some scraps of the adorable Heather Ross Gnome material that I think would be perfect for this project (along with some of the fun coordinating dot fabric and some of Joel Dewberry's gorgeous orange fabrics). And then there's still the idea of the spring colors with embroidered flowers with yo-yo's. Hmmm....

Anyways, I didn't forget Adrienne-thanks for tagging me! This kind of stuff is fun :)
So... here's 7 things that you (probably) don't know about me...

1) I *LOVE* Barry Manilow and Neil Diamond - Mom used to listen to them all the time while I was growing up and I think that they are permanently embedded in my DNA.

2) I am somewhat of a recycling freak. When I lived in the dorms at UNC-Chapel Hill, they didn't recycle plastic containers at the time (they did do cans, glass and paper though) so I'd ask everyone on the floor to leave their plastic containers with me and I had my parents bring bags and bags of garbage back home to NJ to recycle. Mom and Dad were such sports!

3) When I was in high school, I kept an "outfit journal" so I knew what I wore, when. I was generally on a 2 week cycle and never wore the same outfit in a week. Now, I'll wear the same thing 3 days in a row, or at least until I get spit-up or food on it :)

4) I was Drum Major in high school and voted most musical for Senior award night. I feel badly about that last part b/c I'm really not very musical... I just loved being Drum Major and I think people voted for me based on that.

This was my outfit for football games and competitions... seriously...
(I did mention that I grew up in NJ, right? COOOOOOOOLD!!!!!)


5) I went to my senior high school prom with 2 girlfriends. We weren't planning on going at all (I didn't have a boyfriend and there wasn't anyone I wanted to go with - ditto for my pals), and instead were going to head to the shore early to start the festivities. The weather turned out to be rainy and cold, so we decided to go - we went to the mall, bought $40 dresses and showed up on time. We didn't have tickets, so administration thought we were crashing the prom - everyone knew we were "in trouble" before we did... too funny! (that's me on the right - back in the days when I had crazy natural curls... where did those days go?!)



6) I'm one of those "cold spot" on the pillow people. Gotta have it, or I can't fall asleep too easily. Sue (sis-in-law) bought me this neat product for my birthday last year - it's called THE CHILLOW and I LOVE IT! And yes, it does work !

7) I love all "mini" food. I cut my sandwiches into 4 triangles, eat my yogurt with a condiment spoon, cut my brownies into ~ 1 1/2" squares, etc. I am especially fond of the Reese's mini Peanut Butter cups - the *perfect* chocolate to peanut butter ratio :) I don't tend to buy many pre-packaged mini foods though b/c the packaging waste bugs me.

As for who I am tagging..... it's JOY! Joy's blog is one of my latest fun reads - she too is into naturafying (just made that word up... another weird thing I do all the time) her family, and we have similar tastes in fabrics and projects. She inspired me to get some of this fabric to make a quilt and hopefully some placemats - thanks again Joy!

***Hope everyone's having a great week! ~ Kris

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

OOOOOh, a quilt! That would be a fun project.... I can't wait to see it.

BTW, I love gnome fabric - it's going to make a very fun wetbag!

Jennifer said...

Omigosh! The drum major with the purple satin spandex! Pretty! And the outfit journal. What?!?! How times change.

Joy said...

Wow! You even look SO cold in the picture! How fun to learn a little more about you. Thanks for the tag and happy quilting!

said...

My husband got me a Chillow a couple of years ago and mine always leaked. :( I love a cool pillow too.

Autum said...

I'll have to show my daughter your drum major photo. She was her high school's drum major for 3 years and the outfit was different each year.

Unknown said...

How did I miss this post? I was drum major in high school my senior year too! Although I didn't have any exciting outfits like the one you have on...