Monday, April 16, 2007

A quick Hello!....

...before our power tries to go out again :) We actually have fared pretty well with this Nor'easter. Got much less snow than was originally called for, but got tons and tons of rain and wind. Mother Nature is definitely not a force to be reckoned with... We really don't mind being house-bound a bit with this one.

Not too much new to report... I had some "grown up time" this weekend (I know what you're all thinking, but it didn't involve a nice romantic dinner and a movie - that sounds nice though!). I actually had the opportunity to work Sat. and Sun. in my old role as a physical therapist. Loved every minute of it :) Hubby stayed home with Syd, I donned the one pair of "real" pants that still fits (might have to start visiting the dreaded maternity clothes pile soon), and headed out to visit my former self for a while. It was quite a nice visit. I love geriatic PT - love the patient's stories, love making a difference (as little as it might be). But I also loved coming back home to our smiling baby girl - I wonder if she missed me? Hmmm.....

Oh, before I forget, the folks at Amy Butler sent over an email announcing 2 more home dec patterns! They are coming at the perfect time for me - we're redoing our bedroom within the next couple of months and I've been toying with making a new duvet and curtains (the first pattern is for a quilted coverlet, pillow sham with ties, couch pillow and pillow cases). I also love the gumdrop pillow pattern (the second pattern pic)- perfect for the den/playroom! I'll get my order for these out this week :) It's time for '24! Good night!



2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Those gum drop pillows are awesome! Great idea for playroom! I will definately be hitting your site for that pattern. The wind was awful here! Yikes!

Anonymous said...

Let me know when these come in!
Oh my...these are gorgeus!
Tks for spreading the news..
Anary